Creating a Google Maps API Key
All TowerCoverage.com accounts have access to view Multi Maps, Sites, Links, and Coverages. However, there are some features of the Google Maps API's that charge by use, and to keep TowerCoverage.com affordable for our users, we have implemented the ability to activate some of these features no matter what Tier your TowerCoverage.com account is currently at. The key features that are affected by this are the address search bars, and the ability to use Google Street View.
(Any account Tier 3 or below needs to create a key and place it in their company profile to gain access to Google Street View)
Setting up your key
CLICK HERE to Sign-in or create a Google Account.
Once you have created an account, you can proceed with the following steps.
- Go to your Google Developer Console.
- Add your billing information by selecting the Navigation Menu in the upper left, then select Billing.
- This will allow you to utilize the places and java script API's.
- Navigate to API's & Services >> Library.
- Navigate to API's & Services >> Credentials.
- Select Create credentials >> API Key.
- Select Restrict Key (optional, this stops people from obtaining your key and using it anywhere besides inside your TowerCoverage.com account.)
- Under Application restrictions, select HTTP referrers.
- Add *.towercoverage.com if this is a key you are using to activate TowerCoverage.com features. Otherwise, add your website domain information.