All TowerCoverage.com accounts have access to view Multi Maps, Sites, Links and Coverages. However, there are some features of the Google Maps API's that charge by use and to keep TowerCoverage.com affordable for our users, we have implemented the ability to activate some of these features no matter what Tier your TowerCoverage.com account is currently at. The key features that are affected by this are the address search bars and the ability to use Google Street View.
Setting up your key
You will need to sign-in or create a Google account. CLICK HERE to Sign-in or create a Google Account.
Once you have created an account, you can proceed with the following steps.
- Go to your Google Developer Console.
- Add your billing information by selecting the Navigation Menu in the upper left, then select Billing.
- This will allow you to utilize the places and java script API's.
- Navigate to API's & Services >> Library.
- Navigate to API's & Services >> Credentials.
- Select Create credentials >> API Key.
- Select Restrict Key (optional, this stops people from obtaining your key and using it anywhere besides inside your TowerCoverage.com account.)
- Under Application restrictions, select HTTP referrers.
- Add *.towercoverage.com if this is a key you are using to activate TowerCoverage.com features. Otherwise, add your website domain information.
Add your Google Map API KeyOnce you have a billing account set up with Google API's and you have created a key, you can Log in TowerCoverage.com as one of the admin users and go to Account >> Company Profile. Here you will see the input field for your Google API Key. Simply paste your key in the field (make sure there were no spaces before or after the key when you copied it from Google) and click update at the bottom. Your Multi Map and Coverages will now have the Street View available as well as the address search bar will provided suggested locations that you may be searching for as you type!